The International Development Program at Leesburg Christian School offers an academically challenging and nurturing Christian educational environment in which international students from diverse national backgrounds can develop English language skills, acculturate to academic life in America, and grow into responsible and caring citizens of the world.
LCS students who are non-U.S. citizens and need a student visa to attend school in the U.S. are enrolled in the International Development Program. International students and their parents have been choosing LCS for over 15 years. Our staff and faculty seek to immerse students into both American education and the culture of the surrounding American community in order to create a more enriching educational experience.
The International Development Program provides a minimum of 8 class hours per week of ESL instruction for students that do not meet the minimum English proficiency score for regular acceptance. Students will receive specialized English instruction that will train them to be successful both in their academic studies and American social environment. Additional ESL hours may be required for students with lower level test scores.
LCS will arrange for international students to stay with a local family. Often, these families are faculty/staff at LCS or have students that attend the school. All home-stay families pass a thorough background check and have exceptional housing accommodations.
- Submit the International Student Application form and required documentation:
- Non-refundable $200 Application Fee
- International Student Application Form
- Evidence of Financial Support (Bank Statement)
- Transcripts translated into English
- Copy of Passport photo page
- Recommendation Letters from Math teacher, English teacher, and principal
- LCS Student Agreement
- Immunization Records
- LCS will review application and arrange Skype interview.
- Admissions decision will be made.
- Student will be required to confirm enrollment and pay the $500 non-refundable registration fee.
- LCS will issue SEVIS form I-20 and mail to the student with acceptance packet.
- Student will pay the full tuition and home-stay fee once they have received their visa.
- Student will arrive at LCS at least one week before the beginning of the term. The following must be submitted before attending classes:
- Virginia Health Entrance Form and Immunization Record
- Evidence of International Student Medical Insurance
$16,000, not including Fees.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact YuYan Moore, International Admissions Coordinator, at AdmissionsInfo@yahoo.com or 703-888-6156.